Friday 6 July 2012

TRAPPED IN A SUIT-ALL BLACK BBOYS


It’s cold and I probably am justified to say that one of my biggest enemies is procrastination. I want to go for what I want, make my dreams a reality. Don’t take me wrong, Am excited because the blog today is a special piece. Theater meets Dance or is it Art meets Art. As a choreographer, my aim is to be different, creative, speak louder and have a strong impact whenever my performance is experienced. I had a rare opportunity to understand what the fuss for a Saturday the 7th event dubbed ‘TRAPPED IN A SUIT’ is all about. I talked to Bboy stone of the ALL BACK BBOYS A.k.a “ALL BLAXX”. Cool, humbled and a Man of few words, Bboy stone has been A Break session champ and is admired by many. I like to call him ‘THE DOER’. This is how it went down.

EVENT NAME: Trapped In a Suit

VENUE: Sarakasi Dome, Ngara, opposite the post office (Shan Cinema)

TIME: Saturday 7th from 1400Hrs-18Hrs

HOST: All Black Bboys and Sarakasi Trust.



Synopsis: This is a production localized to tell a story of a lawyer who loves dancing but due to his commitments, responsibilities and duties he can’t stick to his talent (dance) because it doesn’t pay in Kenya.

ALL BLACK BBOY :  All blaxx is a united Bboy group who want to take bboying in Kenya to another level, not only having street cyphers, we are creating dance productions on theaters to leave the audience stunned and expectant for more. Bboys are known to be stiff but Kenyan Bboys are versatile, they move with swag and dance like no other Bboys out there. We are the best Bboys from different crews: Sisko, S.I.C., Shrink and other Bboy squads.

CAST: The cast is artistic and creative. They include Bboy Stone, Bboy kimzy, Bboy G.tau, Bboy Dee, Bboy Fabo/Miky, Bboy Ghee/Gilly, Bboy Scrappy, Bboy Bonke, Bboy Abush, Bboy Jesse, Bboy Bena, Bboy Wonderland and B girl Antonia.

ABOUT THE SCRIPT: We met and brainstormed together and that’s how we work by putting our ideas together to come up with something amazing.

IT’S AWESOME TO SEE HOW BBOYS WHO BATTLE ALL THE TIME COME TOGETHER AND MAKE AMAZING PRODUCTIONS. THIS IS ASSURE CAN’T MISS.

Follow @Dancepeeps and loving the emails and feedback.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment